The purchase process goes beyond the single purchase department. It is carried out in 5 stages involving several departments according to the applicable procedures within an organisation:
The purchases optimisation is built on the setting up of automated processes combining best practices and a dedicated technological solution. Without automation, low value-added administrative tasks, re-entries, and mistakes accumulate and represent significant indirect costs. Investments are rapidly profitable in an optimised process compared to the costs generated by the placing, follow-up, receipt, invoicing, and payment of non-automated orders. According to La Lettre des Achats, (Procurement specialised publication), an indirect purchases order has a cost of €36 for an optimised process instead of €73 for a non-automated process, which represents a saving of over 50 %.
So, there are some sources of productivity at the heart of the purchase process beyond the methods of purchasing negotiations.
KIMOCE Purchasing software allows to simplify, to automate, and to steer your whole purchasing value chain.
- Dematerialise your purchase process from expression of the need to invoicing.
- Centralise requests on a portal to avoid predatory purchases and spread the purchasing culture
- Establish hosted or punch-out purchase catalogues
- Automate validations of budget commitments
- Aggregate purchasing requests to reduce the number of processed orders and automate your replenishments
- Automatically reconcile orders, receipts, and invoices
- Integrate your accounting and budget flows throughout the whole process
* La Lettre des Achats n°87